Monday, May 31, 2010




I Believe in this…..



I believe that everyone can learn from their mistakes. Big or small, everyone knows what’s good and bad. Learning from mistakes is a very big thing to accomplish. As they say “Failure is the mother of success” that means once you fail you sure have the chance to fix it back. This has happened to everyone, me, you and even our guardians. Never think yourself as small when you make mistakes, go ahead and fix it up.



This is a story of mine, when I was in 6th grade. My math was very weak. I couldn’t do any type of calculations! I was sick of all the laughter when I was proved wrong in front of all the students. I just couldn’t bare it. My eyes filled up with tears when my dad used to hit me during “math time”. Well, you know; whatever parents do for you is always for your own good. Well I knew I was weak at it, but I was too shy to ask anyone to help me.




Days passed by, more scolding more laughter and more tears. I was just too sick of these. I tried to find out myself what was wrong. And yes, I did find out. Later that evening I was crying out my tears looking at the children running around with their toys, that's what I was supposed to be doing. But no, how can I show my face in front of all those kids? They are in my school and the same classes. So I continued crying. After sometime my grandmother came in, and when she saw me, she got emotional and asked me if she could help. But I said no. Why should someone else know how brainless I am? Just that second as I said no, I felt like someone telling me: 'it’s your only chance to improve yourself and find out what’s the cause.' I ran to my grandmother quickly to stop her. She said alright and I gave her a seat. I sat on the floor because it felt like it was story time. I loved all that she said. But still I couldn’t find out what was wrong. After she finished I told her how much it helped me, even though I didn’t really pay attention. At night before bed, something struck me, felt like cold breeze washing me from top to bottom. I heard my grandmother's voice. I remembered her words, “There is nothing wrong with the people its always thier action towards it. I replaced me instead of people and rephrased it. And I found it. What was wrong was me! All this time, I was the one who day dreamed in classes, I also knew that i sure will get some type of punishment during "math time", all this time! It was so unbelievable for a person like me to get something like this in my brain! Now, I believe that nothing is wron gwith me its just my action towards it. I felt pretty proud.


Next day, I tried it myself. I concentrated on what the teacher said every time, and when she asked me something I could answer it. Instead of mocking laughter, this time I heard, claps. I was so proud of myself. But the teacher was shocked she planned to give me a quiz about this, and I got a full grade. She still couldn’t believe me. She thought I had cheated. But later she agreed. Then these days passed, more claps, more smiles and no more tears. I believe in the power of concentration and in not finding the key to the problem the way that i need to understand

No comments:

Post a Comment